SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR.

by - July 03, 2020




Hi guys,

First off let me say a happy new month to you. Secondly, I apologize for being off this space. Life has been a whole lot these past few months. Let me gist you. This post will be a bit informal, a little bit of getting to know me.

So last month was one of the most important months of my life. June is scoliosis month and scoliosis is a health condition I have. Scoliosis has little awareness done in Nigeria, so I dedicated the month to reading, learning and reaching out to more people with my condition. I had a major breakdown this same month because I lost someone close to me. This made me appreciate the people around me more and care for them more than I used to. I defined my friendships and tried to understand life a little more. I lagged behind on some of the things I used to do, stopped listening to podcasts, music and even stopped taking care of myself. 

Death was my favourite topic, I read on it, I asked questions. I just wanted to understand what was going on. I had sleepless nights thinking about it, nightmares and was sometimes afraid to get up at night to pee (now that I think of it, it’s actually funny). If there is one thing I learnt, it’s that, I can’t understand death, I don’t want to. I never want to feel that way again but I have also come to the realization that it is inevitable.

 Do you guys ever feel like trying to understand some of the mysteries of life? Why do good people die? Well, if you do, join the club although I have come to the conclusion that God takes the best of them when it comes to death. Every other thing, I try not to bother myself with them.

Many people experienced so many deaths in their families these last six months, I have a friend that lost 3 aunts and 2 siblings. He happens to be the strongest person I know because he bounced back to work almost immediately. Heaven knows if that was me, id be in my shell wondering when I am going to die too. Wondering who is next—this question kept popping up throughout last month.

To everyone who lost someone these past few months, accept my heartfelt condolences.  Before now, I didn’t have a slight understanding of how it felt, now, I can relate to some certain extent. I hope you find peace, love and light. I hope you allow yourself to feel everything you are feeling. I hope you heal and I hope you find a way to live again.

 Enough about me, how are you guys going?

I hope you’ve been smashing your goals. If you haven’t, there is still time. Just take it one step at a time. Remember to BREATHE AND LIVE.

To everyone who sent me dms on IG, those who asked of me and those who reached out to my friends asking when I’m going to write something here. Thank you so much, I don’t take your love, support and constant feedback for granted. God bless you

@taihandesigns on IG did that awesome new month logo.

Till next time






You May Also Like

1 comments